Work from home…a phrase we all have heard so much of this year. You might associate it with relaxed hours, less productivity and lots of breaks. How do we get anything done with the distractions of home right in front of us? I’m bringing you some of my favorite tips for staying on track.
1. Designate a space just for work. Keeping your work space separate will help you associate your work space with staying focused. Bringing your laptop to the couch or working from bed can cause some major distractions! Distractions can stretch your day longer than usual, bogging you down with longer hours.
2. Keep your hours consistent. Depending on your job, this could be more or less challenging. Making sure that you are working during the same times each day can help you keep work and play more separate.
3. Take breaks. Don’t forget to get up and stretch your legs! It’s easy to let time fly, but giving your eyes a break from screen time and some blood flow in your legs can help with muscle fatigue and headaches later on.
4. Personalize your space. Create a space that feels enjoyable to be in by painting the walls or decorating with inspiring photos. If you’re spending a lot of time there, it might as well be inviting!
5. Stay organized. My favorite tip! Keep your work tools and supplies handy and accessible so you don’t spiral out of the zone when you need to reach for something. File your pertinent papers, label them, and take inventory once a month of what needs to be stocked or organized. If you need help with shelving and organizational units, head to Saint Louis Closet Co.!