I’m so thrilled to announce another feature in Thrive Global. This time, I share inspiring tools for being an entrepreneur and business owner. What type of personality does it take, and in my opinion and how does it play into being successful? Let’s dive in!
The article is situated around this idea of resilience, one of my favorite words. If you ask me, I think resilience is what all successful business owners have in common. The key to being resilient is being quick, with the ability to bounce back from a challenge or a hurdle in stride. Traits of being resilient include:
- Swift decision-making. Resilient thinkers have a hunch about decisions, and they are able to mindfully yet swiftly move through their day with direct answers.
- Having thick skin (life is not fair). Mom is always right..life just isn’t fair! Resiliency requires a thick skin, and the ability to brush off the small stuff.
- Living with a positive attitude about all aspects of life. This can be a tough one, but it’s so important. Finding the positive in each situation, regardless of how crummy it can look from the outside, is key in moving forward with each step in business. It’s the only way I got to where I am today – especially when I look back on the 2008 recession.
- Communicating and working well with others. Did you know? I earned my B.A. in Communications! It’s the basis of all that I do, and helped lay the groundwork for my dedication to customer service. Understanding the needs of your customers and going above and beyond to exceed their needs will set you apart from your competitors.
- Dealing with stress and stressful situations while staying calm. In business, no two days are ever the same. Taking each day at a time and remaining calm under the pressure of change is key. You don’t have to be perfect!
You’ll want to read on to discover why I never meet anyone without a camera on hand!
To read the full article, be sure to visit this link.